free website stats program 05' FXDWG Tire wear | Harley Davidson Forums

05' FXDWG Tire wear

Is it normal that my front tire is wearing out faster than my back tire?? Everywhere I read and everyone I talk to tells me I am crazy. I buy two fronts for every one back. Is that normal for a Dyna Wide Glide??

Unless you are just using the front brake for braking, it should be the other way around. 2 Rears for 1 front tire.

All of my Harley's have also been almost exactly 2 rears for each front tire. I am slightly heavier on the front than rear brakes.

I also have a 05 wideglide, run avon venom on front and back, I have always gone thru 2 rear tires to 1 front tire

I buy two fronts for every one back. Is that normal for a Dyna Wide Glide??

I am surprised. It should be the other way around.
Are you mixing brands or changes tire sizes to something other than what is called for.
Is the front tire wearing out in a "even" patten. Does the bike go straight down the road with your hands off the bars? Under hard power does the bike want to pull right or left?

How much pressure are you using in your tires? Too much pressure will cause increased wear on the center of the tire due to it not flexing (flattening out enough). Proper tire pressure is critical and too much is just as bad as not enough.

On my soft tail both of my tires will need to be replaced at the same time I think it's because my front is so skinny . Last tread check they were both exactly the same 3/32

I read your thread from 2011 about tires front wearing twice as fast as rear I have 04 fxdwgi it does same thing gets about 10,000 front 25,000 rear it's normal

Back