free website stats program 05 flhrci upgrades | Harley Davidson Forums

05 flhrci upgrades

Duffer

Ok. I’ve been a busy boy the last couple of days. Finally got around to doing some of the stuff I should have done last winter when it wasn’t riding weather.
Put on a set of Heritage bars (56623-99). Totally awesome. Much more comfortable now and I think the bike handles better now that I sit up a little more.
While that was all apart I thought it was a good opportunity to stick in an Osram bulb. I’ll find out what a difference it makes on the way to work in the morning.
Also threw on helmet locks and a couple of chrome goodies (my wife was out of town).
The grand finale’ was a TFI (1040ST). Boy what a difference a little fuel makes. I should mention I have the SE Hi Flow and SE Slip ons with dealer download.
Acceleration and throttle response is unbelievable and I think the exhaust even sounds better….BUT, I am having a small problem . When I burp the throttle on downshift I am getting a single backfire or pop. Could this be caused by a too lean or too rich condition? I had quite a bit of popping on decel before and that seems better but this is something new since the TFI was added. I figure it is better to draw on the vast experience present on this forum than to start tinkering and really mess things up.
My settings:
#1 – 3:00
#2 – 2:30
#3 – 3:30
#4 – 4:00 ( I left this one were it was from the box) not really sure what this pot is for anyway.
Any input is greatly appreciated
As a P.S. The Kuryakyn footboard relocators are on order and I finished everything off with a nice Pledge shine.

My settings:
#1 – 3:00
#2 – 2:30
#3 – 3:30
#4 – 4:00 ( I left this one were it was from the box) not really sure what this pot is for anyway.

Those sound about right as a starting point. You can call Dobeck and talk to the new Tech guy about what your engine/exhaust mods are, and what they recommend as the starting points.

The number 4 pot is set at 80% of redline (in thousands).

Once you get yourself set, you can play with pots 1 and 2 to trim back the fuel slightly. The number 1 pot is set with the engine running about 1800-2000 rpm, and then tweak the pot up and down (numbers) until you get the best idle. Sort of like adjusting idle-air on a carb. The #2 is like your main jet on a carb, and kicks in when you roll on.

See here:

TFI Instructions - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Thanks TQuentin1
I did the green like you said as per the instruction so I think I'm OK on that one
The yellow and red I backed down half a clock position from suggested starting point.
After reading th explaination of what each pot does in the link you provided I'm thinking a little teaking on #2 is probably the key.
I'm nit picking here as the bike runs so much better now. I should probably just shut up and ride.
Thanks again

The beauty of the TFI (or is it the curse?) is that it is infinitely adjustable. If you fiddle with it, and things get worse, go back the other way!! You have already paid all you are going to for adjusting the AFR on your bike (using your "seat of the pants" dyno!).

TQ

Back