free website stats program 04 Wide Glide Bike Lift ?? | Harley Davidson Forums

04 Wide Glide Bike Lift ??

dhornick

Looking at buying a bike lift for my own servicing and specially winter storage. Does anyone know if this lift will fit a Wide Glide? When I look under the bike I see a very stiff steel flange that hangs down maybe 2 inches only on the right hand side that looks like it protects the oil pan. I can't tell if there would be room between the two lift arms on the jack ahead and behind that flange to hold the bike.

eBay Motors: BRAND NEW 1500 LB MOTORCYCLE STREET ATV QUAD JACK LIFT (item 280266297760 end time Sep-18-08 20:21:22 PDT)

Would like to stay right around $100.

The HD Dealer sells a kit for lifting the WG, cost is about $20 or you can make your own with a bit of ingenuity.

The dealers kits are made of plastic channeling.

Be advised that the cheaper lifts use sub standard bolts and should be replaced with grade 8 fasteners for safety purposes.

The HD Dealer sells a kit for lifting the WG, cost is about $20 or you can make your own with a bit of ingenuity.

The dealers kits are made of plastic channeling.

Be advised that the cheaper lifts use sub standard bolts and should be replaced with grade 8 fasteners for safety purposes.

Any idea where I could see pictures of this? Sounds a little iffy but if HD sells them I guess should be OK but I'd still like to see them.

Any idea where I could see pictures of this? Sounds a little iffy but if HD sells them I guess should be OK but I'd still like to see them.

Part #[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]98965-99[/FONT] - [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]$24.95[/FONT]

i1763_9896599.jpg

Thanks Glider for those pics. I'm having a really hard time with this though. I dont really want to trust my bike to plastic unless it just comes down to that. What about this I found this on e-bay. Anyone seen one or maybe happen to have used it before? Comes from motorcyclejacks.com

http://motorcyclejacks.com/adapter.shtml

Only problem I see with that setup is getting it under the bike. Will there be enough clearance for it? The jacks are usually pretty close to the bottom of the bike and with that added unit, will it fit under the bike?

I'll just have to make a small 3" ramp. I can deal with that as long as the jack/lift works OK. I just want to make sure it's good and solid and sturdy.

Back