free website stats program 04 Fatboy Air + Exhaust ?? | Harley Davidson Forums

04 Fatboy Air + Exhaust ??

bldblu

Hello all,

I just installed V&H Big Shots,,and HD Heavy Breather on my 2004 Fatboy. Due to transportation issues,,I have to drive the bike to the dealership to get the Remapping.The dealership is 64 miles away..Will the bike be ok driving there,,I dont want to damage the engine,,but dont have money to hire a trailer..Please Help

Thx

Thank you Smitty,,IYO what would be the least expensive,,and easiest install of a fuel manager

thanks again

Thx for the help smitty,and hobbit,,Im not a mechanic,,but i have enough skill level to install pipes,and the air cleaner..Will the TFI require more aptitude,,or is it pretty self explanatory..Im not real comfortable with the wiring aspect i guess just to be honest about it

thx again

Thanks All,,Im going to contact Dobeck tomorrow for 209.95 vs HD Download 200.00 Id rather have the flexibility,,but removing tank to get to wires is a bit daunting for me,,but Im going to give it a try

thx again for info

Thanks All,,Im going to contact Dobeck tomorrow for 209.95 vs HD Download 200.00 Id rather have the flexibility,,but removing tank to get to wires is a bit daunting for me,,but Im going to give it a try

thx again for info

You don't have to remove the tank,just the rear bolt and lift it a bit to give yourself a bit of room to work,just be careful you don't lift it too high so you dont stress the fuel line.

Hello all,

I just installed V&H Big Shots,,and HD Heavy Breather on my 2004 Fatboy. Due to transportation issues,,I have to drive the bike to the dealership to get the Remapping.The dealership is 64 miles away..Will the bike be ok driving there,,I dont want to damage the engine,,but dont have money to hire a trailer..Please Help

Thx

If you can install pipes and a AC you can easily handle this.

thx again for info

You do not need to remove the tank to get the TFI rigged up. Just remove the bolts securing the tank to the frame, and CAREFULLY raise the back of the tank a couple of inches. Take off the cover on the air cleaner, and squeeze in there between the heads to unplug/replug the connectors on the injectors. You are putting the TFI in series with the ECM/injectors. No problem. On my way to the injectors, I wrapped the TFI cable bundle a few times around the existing cable bundles under the tank. Then routed the controller to the spot under the seat (see last few photos here: Image hosting, free photo sharing video sharing at Photobucket), and hooked the ground wire to the negative terminal on the battery. Set the pots as recommended by George at Dobeck, resecured the tank, rigged the bike for the road, and fired it up.

TQ

Back