free website stats program 04 elctra glide sputtering when accelerating | Harley Davidson Forums

04 elctra glide sputtering when accelerating

hardknox

I have an 04 Ultraclassic Electric Glide when it started sputtering and flashed a code for a map sensor, replaced the map sensor then flashed a misfire on front cylinder code, put new spark plugs in. Then still sputtered when excelerating and flashed no code, so replaced intake manifold gaskets it STILL sputters when excelerating and now it is back to flashing map sensor code again. Has anybody had this problem? I would appreciate any help with this issue.
Thanks

What is the Map code number. What was front cylinder code number before it went away. What mods (especially fuel enrichment) have you done to the bike. Other than during acceleration, how does bike perform. Steady state surge on freeway? Hard cold or hot starting?

Wiggle the injector wires just for giggles, if they are loose and or in a bind well just saying, there is always an underlying reason for sensor failures other than they just quit working:D

I have an 04 electra glide and I am having about the same problem. It sputters during acceleration and seems to smooth out after it warms up.. It's driving me crazy! I have changed coil, wires, plugs, engine temp sensor, throttle sensor, and battery. Nothing seems to help...

I've had my 04 RG do this when over filling the gas, but it goes away after a few miles. I also had it throw a code and do this. Took it in and one of the coil wires was loose under the tank. Most recently, the bike is doing it due to a bad ignition switch I need to fix. If I just turn it to on, it acts like I have it in accessory. If I turn it to Accessory, it runs fine. If I juggle it around and see the natural light stays on in its normal position, then its fine. If it hits anywhere in between it's done everything from sputtering during acceleration, shutting down or shutting down just when I let off the throttle. This also activates the check engine light, which goes off as soon as I get it back on.

Back