free website stats program 03 superglide | Harley Davidson Forums

03 superglide

Mommas boy

Hey folks,
I have a 03 fxd. it was running but hard to start, now it will not even start, cranks over but no fire.
I have never had trouble out of it before but now all of the sudden.....
I am sure nothing major but don't know where to begin, I have heard module and crank sensor, but would like a second opinion on what to check to be sure
Thanks

Mileage, carb or f.i., fueler, stage 1, stock, any codes thrown, last modification before it quit? More info will help. You say "no fire" do you mean that there is no fire or do you mean that it doesn't start?

It's a 03 stock carb, has had carb kit and exhaust. 27000 miles Never given any trouble since day 1 till now.
By no fire I mean that there is no spark to the plugs, no spark coming out of coil.
I had a buddy just graduated from school in Arizona and said module or crank sensor, I already have module from a while ago never put on, but I am skeptical--I work on cars not bikes. I don't want to just throw parts on. And there are no codes, 1-10 are clear

havent checked that. It was trying o start, keep turning over and eventually would start. Runs perfect when it does start. But now wont hit a lick. I will get out here and check it in about a hour

======================================================

I have power to center wire only

======================================================

I am only getting hot on the center wire

Thanks Jack, you were correct!!! finally up and running!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back