free website stats program '03 fxdl | Harley Davidson Forums

'03 fxdl

Hi. I'm new here. Old everywhere else tho. I'm looking at buying an '03 w/<9k on it. Price is ok and it's been maintained well(records). Any advice about what to look at hard on this model? Thanks

Dave

Hi. I'm new here. Old everywhere else tho. I'm looking at buying an '03 w/<9k on it. Price is ok and it's been maintained well(records). Any advice about what to look at hard on this model? Thanks

Dave

Do you know the owner? Service records?:s

No, don't know owners....as yet. Intend to meet Sunday. 60mi drive. They are the original owners and have service records from Harley dealer in Houston. VIN is clean according to my search and my insurance companies search.
Thanks for the response.

Bought it. Great condition and fair price. I'll put new tires on it first thing since the OEs are 8+yrs old. Will put up photo when allowed. Any suggestions on aftermarket security systems? Thanks

Because I don't know any better, I'm gonna ask a service question: Intend on new rubber and checked prices at 2 online Harley parts stores and yesterday stopped by the local H-D store. One online store is $240, other is $207 (Dunlop at both stores). Local=$322+$27tax. Knew the local would be more expensive, but that price did not include installation. Local charges $100/tire + tax for installation. Ah....seems high?
Unsure if it is a good idea to trust local tire franchise stores like NTB or Discount Tires....?

(Like I said, don't know any better)

Because I don't know any better, I'm gonna ask a service question: Intend on new rubber and checked prices at 2 online Harley parts stores and yesterday stopped by the local H-D store. One online store is $240, other is $207 (Dunlop at both stores). Local=$322+$27tax. Knew the local would be more expensive, but that price did not include installation. Local charges $100/tire + tax for installation. Ah....seems high?
Unsure if it is a good idea to trust local tire franchise stores like NTB or Discount Tires....?

(Like I said, don't know any better)

If you can take off the wheels your self, I'd suggest to take them to a Metric or Honda dealer(good quality shop),,,
I do that while in Az. and save $$ getting the same tires that HD would sell for a lot less and IF you BUY from the party that puts on the rubber it usually is a better deal..

I see you are on-line and will wait for your opinion and then detail mor to you..

signed....BUBBIE

Called a nearby shop for prices, not a HD dealer, but in same line of work with Am IronHorse. Not as high as HD dealer and $40 higher than online pricing. Labor if I bring in the wheels is $31/wheel. Online is better price(no ship charge) but I'd have to know the 'born on' date of the tires. Don't know if they would tell me or not. Buying locally I can read the code on the tire and know for sure. Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

Back