free website stats program 03 Dyna low rider electrical demon | Harley Davidson Forums

03 Dyna low rider electrical demon

Dynalow03

Hello new to the site but hoping I can get a little help.
I have an 03 Dyna low rider that I bought with a few minor things to be repaired. Down to one which I thought was pretty straight forward but maybe not. I have a speedometer/odometer along with a check engine light along with the turn signal cancelling shut off that has issues after 15 minutes of riding or so. I did some research and it looked like the speed sensor so I just installed a brand new one and went on a ride. All was good until 10-15 minutes onto it and once again everything starts to shut down.
Bike runs great but speedometer/odometer quits and check engine blinks on and off.
Looking for any help out there. I did order another sensor from Harley in case this one may be defective.
Thanks
Jim

Does your bike have a maxi-fuse or a main circuit-breaker? If the latter, the OEM CBs were undersized at least on the baggers..You might want to trade yours out if the bike is so equipped for a new breaker of the same size, or the next size up (from 30 to 40, or 40 to 50).

If your bike has a maxi-fuse, then on to plan B!!!

Cheers,

TQ

I pulled the seat and located the electrical port connection. I see no numbers anywhere on it? I can make a jump wire and through a process of elimination probably figure it out. I just want to make sure it will not be an issue to guess at it so it does not short something out?
Thanks for all the input

So are you saying you can not check codes through speedometer?

I believe those are speedo/tach codes only. The codes through the speedo are different from the ECM codes, as in blinking light for the early models.
I am not home for a few more days but will check my stash of codes when I get back if nothing resolved. Have you checked the archives for hooking up the pins on the Data port?
tourbox

Jumped the gun. I see some already posted the procedure. The #'s are on the plug,wire side, but real small.
tourbox

Last edited by a moderator:
Back