free website stats program 02 Wide Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

02 Wide Glide

Big Will

I've just bought a Dyna Wide Glide 02' Screamin Eagle. There is question as to engine size. The sticker on the chasis says it's a 1450. It feels like alot more than a 1450. The guy that I bought it from says it's the 103 cubic inch. I'm not sure how to go about and verify. I've gone to the VIN tracking sites but they either want to charge or they don't give out all the info. Can anyone help me out.

Is it possible that when Harley Davidson was assembling the bike that they would have put a 1450cc stamp on the frame and then put the frame in a different assembly line to make it a screamin eagle edition with a bigger engine? The previouse owner thinks that it's got a 103 ci. He was the second owner and can't get in touch with the original owner.

Anythings possible, my cousin has an 84 flh.It has its origonal shovel with belt drive.Last year shovel "optional" with first year belt drive.A rather strange bike imo.As for your Dyna,02 Screamin eagles would have had a 95 inch motor making it a 1550.Have you done a carfax on it?Its fairly easy to take a wrecked bike with a salvage title and merry it to a clean frame or motor with a title.Id spend the money to verify what you have before you run out of time to recoop money for a possible fraudulant sale.Hopefully it is as desribed.Good luck.

Back