free website stats program 02 Fatboy- 4 1/2" Risers?? | Harley Davidson Forums

02 Fatboy- 4 1/2" Risers??

WillM

I need to pull the bars closer to me and am considering installing a set of pullback risers. I'm trying to stay away from replacing any lines. I've searched the forum and found some info, but still a little shaky on pulling the trigger on the risers. Seems that the 4 1/2" pullback risers are pretty common. Thanks for you help in advance.
Will

WillM,

Are you asking if you have to change cables etc with the 4-1/2" risers? If so, Yes. Your cables will be very tight with a 4-1/2" increase in length.

WillM,

Are you asking if you have to change cables etc with the 4-1/2" risers? If so, Yes. Your cables will be very tight with a 4-1/2" increase in length.

You could verify this, and I agree with Bodeen, lay a towell on your tank, remove the bars hold them up 4 inches and see what you have JMo

Not that this has to do with cable tightness but I put a set of 6 1/2" pull backs oN MY 02 FAT BOYI love them way more comfortable to sit.
My 2 Cents F.K.

Installed 4 and a half inch pull back risers on my Dyna, and happy about the set up. The bars are a tad higher and closer to me. I wanted 6 inch pull backs risers, but my dealership were adamant with safety concerns. One senario was making the throtle engage when front end is turned. The 4 and a half risers work for me without problem, and I'm comfortable riding. I'm about 5 foot 10, so I was a good fit for the bike in the first place. BTW I am going to add a Mustang seat when it arrives, and this will bring the bars a little toward me, as the seat seems to bring the rider forward. Something to consider? Ride safe!

The pull-back risers, for one inch handle bars, cost 158.95 - Your fat boy may have 1and a half inch handle bars. A Harley dealer will charge you 2 hours of shop time.
google HD part#56063-82

I installed the 4 1/2" risers and really like the feel. I actually have a little bend in my elbows! The cables/lines were fine. I moved the clutch cable to the other side of the bars and repositioned my brake line. No tension on any of the lines.

Back