free website stats program '01 Low Rider/6flashes=code 31, low alarm voltage, but no Alarm? | Harley Davidson Forums

'01 Low Rider/6flashes=code 31, low alarm voltage, but no Alarm?

'01 LowRider, Carbed, No Alarm, No ECM, but started with the 6 flashes from the directionals a week ago. Finally found out how to read the alarm by using the 'on-off-on-off-on' key, and series of signal switch pushes. Received a code 31, which is - as I understand, low alarm voltage.

Don't have an alarm on it, but didn't buy it new, bought it from a first owner, who I recall told me "it talks to you" when I bought it. Don't know what that meant. I don't have a key fob, and no siren that I've ever heard. No knowledge of an alarm.

Am I missing something in the electronics that it would set this code? And would like to disable it. Was hoping 'Glider' might take an interest in my issue.

Thanks, RW, New Hampshire

The 6 flashes is an indication that a code is stored as you found out.

Your bike has an ICM to run the functions instead of an ECM.

Possible you have a TSSM for an alarm and don't know it ? If you could locate the TSSM of TSM and get a part number off it, that may help to determine what you have.

This is basically what you are looking for in the picture under the left thumb. It will be located near the electronics on your bike.

alarm3-1.jpg

Thanks Glider, i was hoping it would catch your eye, I have it on my lift and will check for that part tomorrow. Will get back to the thread here with that info, again, thanks. RW

Glider, after studying your photo, I believe I saw that part on the right side, with a very similar plugin to it. Thought that was the ignition module. I'm not ashamed to admit, i don't know what an 'ICM' is? Or its function. I've gone through the service manual and either missed the info, or didn't realize it applies. Will look at both better tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Glider, i was hoping it would catch your eye, I have it on my lift and will check for that part tomorrow. Will get back to the thread here with that info, again, thanks. RW

Glider, after studying your photo, I believe I saw that part on the right side, with a very similar plugin to it. Thought that was the ignition module. I'm not ashamed to admit, i don't know what an 'ICM' is? Or its function. I've gone through the service manual and either missed the info, or didn't realize it applies. Will look at both better tomorrow.

The ICM is the ignition control module, the bike needs it to run.

Glider,
Checked on the left side, under the cover, found two interesting parts, p/n 32478-99A, a plug-in which looks about like the one in your picture, which HD told me is "Ignition Module" -- and a larger plug-in part which bears the words "Delphi 68920-01", HD told me is the "turn signal module". The second part is larger than the first one like twice the size, and was mounted with warning words that it must remain mounted in the position I found it in.

Saw no other modules which could have been an alarm module.

Still haven't re-connected the battery.

Glider, So I know I've got a TSSM, and an Ignition Module, and I've gone to your suggested "self help sections" and read all the docs which remotly talk about TSM's and TSSM's, and codes. One of them mentions how to cancel the code, by holding the left turn signal switch for 4-5 seconds at the end of the test. Doing that fails to cancel the code or reset the TSSM. Any suggestions further? Is there a Code book I can get from Harley and would it say anything that you haven't already published on this site? I don't see how I can change an issue of low alarm voltage when I don't have an alarm, and I do have a fully charged battery. Does that mean my TSSM module should be replaced due to a fault within it?

Glider, So I know I've got a TSSM, and an Ignition Module, and I've gone to your suggested "self help sections" and read all the docs which remotly talk about TSM's and TSSM's, and codes. One of them mentions how to cancel the code, by holding the left turn signal switch for 4-5 seconds at the end of the test. Doing that fails to cancel the code or reset the TSSM. Any suggestions further? Is there a Code book I can get from Harley and would it say anything that you haven't already published on this site? I don't see how I can change an issue of low alarm voltage when I don't have an alarm, and I do have a fully charged battery. Does that mean my TSSM module should be replaced due to a fault within it?

TSSM is a security module. TSM is NOT a security module. You have a TSSM based on the number you supplied.

Your best bet at this point would be to take it to the dealer, possibly you can get a FOB and have the system working but they have to initialize the FOB for you.

Back