free website stats program Just Thinking | Harley Davidson Forums

Just Thinking

HDDon

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I was on one of the social media sites and I kept running into post where it seemed that one of the members just had to get the last word in on every conversation. I'm all for telling someone thanks for some useful information or asking a question if the post was something I didn't understand but it seemed like this person just had to have a last dig at whatever statement was made. Anyone else run into this or am I just being picky? Maybe it's just some folks way of being friendly.

It's kind of like someone who always interrupts or talks over you. They seem to think what they have to say is so much more important than what anyone else has to say.

In my former life we had a guy like that at work, we called him the wizard because he was so much smarter than anyone else. :eek:

Last edited:
Interesting thread Don. The issue I have now a days is with the popularity of texting which I do not do. More and more personal emails are coming in texted which makes it very hard to understand let alone figure out what the person is trying to say. I have seen perusing all different kinds of forums there seems to be a over abundant number of key board commandos that perform online as you mentioned.:confused:

Many people use the relative anonymity of the internet to express some of their worst behavior.
All too true jamesearl. I am so thankful that here on HDT the members understand what this forum is all about. While we can and do have fun with each other we all respect the other guy. The behavior I was talking about usually isn't mean spirited it's just seems to be unnecessary. Some might take offense to this type of posting but I always try to remember that you cannot tell someone's emotion from the typed word even if they put one of those little faces at the end. I hear you too Jeff. While I try not to talk over people I do seem to manage to have something to add to almost every conversation. It's a trait I have tried to break myself of and so far have not had much success.

1. I hear you too Jeff. While I try not to talk over people I do seem to manage to have something to add to almost every conversation. It's a trait I have tried to break myself of and so far have not had much success.

HDDon, 17 minutes agoReport
    #5Like+ QuoteReply
Adding knowledge, experience or insight into a conversation is good, dominating or taking over a conversation to me shows the lack of respect to others. :(

I have not taken part in any social media sites for a few years now as there always seemed to be someone making irrelevant comments and ended up being more irrelevant than relevant comments
So this is the only site I regularly take part in and will continue to till I get irrelevant

Brian

This forum is my one only foray into " social media". Not much use for things like Twitter or Facebook. Tried em didn't like em not my cup of tea partly for the reasons expressed previously.

Adding knowledge, experience or insight into a conversation is good, dominating or taking over a conversation to me shows the lack of respect to others. :(
Or trying to manipulate by responding in a tongue and cheek kind of way by appearing to know what they are talking about......

Ha! The interesting part about most of those people is they don't even recognize the fact that they are being trolls.

Back