free website stats program Changing to Michelin Commander IIs from Pirelli Night Dragons | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing to Michelin Commander IIs from Pirelli Night Dragons

I have several people in club who switched to Michelin commander 2 or their newest tire 3. They break then down into two different categories cruiser or touring just make sure you order the correct ones. With that being said I stick with the dunlop American elite as I like their thread pattern better as I ride in south Florida and I am constantly getting stuck in heavy rains. I get 18,000 miles out of my tires, the key is keeping the correct tire pressure in any tire. On my street glide I run 40 psi in the rear and 36 psi in the front. I use ride on tire balancer in my tires the reason being is that when a tire is balanced with wheel weights it is balanced at that moment in time but as you make sudden stops or accelerate hard the tire balance is slowly lost with ride on your tires are always balanced to there actual condition throughout the tire life. I ride long distances and have had no issues on the other hand if you live in colder climates then I recommend adding dyna bead to your tires rather than ride on. This is just my opinion

Just installed a new Com2 on the rear of my 09' Fatboy.
The old rear was a Dunlop with 6000 miles on it. Was completely shot.

The front Dunlop was replaced at the same time as the old rear 6000 miles ago
and still looks really good. After replacing the rear with the Michelin I really can't
tell a difference at all. It still feels the same to me.

I had been using RIDE ON in the tires, but when I went to order more 2 months ago
there was none to be found anywhere. I went ahead and purchased a brand called
Sahara Moto off of Amazon. It works the same as the Ride On, it balances and seals
any holes up to 5/16" they claim. So far it has been working like a charm. Very smooth
to ride.

Just installed a new Com2 on the rear of my 09' Fatboy.
The old rear was a Dunlop with 6000 miles on it. Was completely shot.

The front Dunlop was replaced at the same time as the old rear 6000 miles ago
and still looks really good. After replacing the rear with the Michelin I really can't
tell a difference at all. It still feels the same to me.

I had been using RIDE ON in the tires, but when I went to order more 2 months ago
there was none to be found anywhere. I went ahead and purchased a brand called
Sahara Moto off of Amazon. It works the same as the Ride On, it balances and seals
any holes up to 5/16" they claim. So far it has been working like a charm. Very smooth
to ride.

The key to good tire life is checking the tire pressure. I keep 40 PSI in the rear and 36 PSI in the front. I ran into the same problem when I trued re stocking the shop with ride on. It is now available

Back